Attendance: Sharyn Sasserson, Gigi Johnson, Jill Desruisseaux, Nin Onos, Kelly Shumway-Boudreau
Kindergarten Meet and Greet
- August 23rd from 6-7
- Flyers have been sent out
- Will post an invite on Facebook – Kelly
- Sharyn and Kelly agreed to attend
- Need to get sign, pop-up tent, water and popsicles
- Friday, September 15, Rain Date September 22.; Movie Madness in March at the middle school (“Middle School Movie Madness” – date TBD)
- Movie choices: Lego Batman in September; Diary of a Wimpy Kid for March
- Contact Gilford Steamer about advertising the movie night – Kelly
- Email GES, GMS, GHS(?) with the date and time – Kelly
- Need to get popcorn donation – Gigi
- Talk to Scott H. about getting the screen – Jill
- Talk to Katie Bryant about the projector – Sharyn
- Talk to the town about using the gazebo – Sharyn
New Volunteer Procedures
- All volunteers must be finger printed for the upcoming school year. Kirk sent out an email with details. Dates and times available to go to SAU to get fingerprinted.
- Post on Facebook the dates and times for people to get this done – Kelly
Drug and Alcohol Awareness
- Kathi Sullivan is rescheduled to come in the spring – just before prom(?)
- Lynn Lyons is coming in the fall – date?
- Do we show the Anonymous People movie again? When? Gigi is going to talk to Serene about a possible date in January
Family Fun Night
- February date TBD
- The event will be at Meadowbrook again. We are waiting to hear back from Emma for a date
- Want to set up the live auction differently this year. Possible option is to set up where the candy bar was last year. That way everyone can hear.
- Set aside $4,000 for the catering
- Fundraising goal is $45,000. We’re thinking about setting aside $25,000 to put towards the track that needs to be redone or vote on another project for the schools
- Hannaford’s has made a generous donation of $20,000 that they would like to be put towards the future track project
- Call the newspaper to set up a time they could come write an article about Hannaford’s donation and do a PR picture with Sharyn and Brian Burns.
- VSC members are calling around for donations. VSC members were given a list of contacts.
- Set up membership drive at each school, similar to last year’s drive. This year your name will be written on a leaf if you donate $10, an apple (red, yellow, green) if you are a bronze, silver, or gold sponsor
- Still set aside $6,000 for kids to go to summer camp? Less kids went to camp because they moved out of the district. As a result, some kids were able to do 2 weeks of camp
- Do we keep doing the $3,000 scholarships for high school graduates? Is it really worth it to continue?
- Sharyn is going to talk to Anthony Sperazzo about getting high school parents more involved in the PTA
- Meetings will be the 2nd Tuesday of every month @ 6:30 in the GES library