Attendance: Sharyn Sasserson, Nin Onos, Gigi Johnson, Kelly Shumway-Boudreau, Sally Sessler, Mary Beth Godbout, Tracy Baron, Danielle Bolduc, Patti Madore, Caroline Drouin, Lisa Singh
1. Approval of June Meeting Minutes
- The minutes were approved by Mary Beth Godbout, 2nd by Nin Onos
2. Treasury and Proposed Budget for 2017-2018
- Old Home Day expense was brought up. Should we continue to advertise in the booklet?
- Nin submitted a grant request to Bank of NH. She is waiting to hear back.
- $4,000 was deducted from the “GES GMS GHS Requests” budget because the IXL math program is in the GHS math department budget going forward
- $600 was for all Family Fun Nights – movie night, winter fun night, etc.
- Drug and Alchohol Awareness – Proposed Budget $3000. Are we going to do any programs again? Kathi Sullivan is coming in May. Anonymous People was the most attended program we offered.
- Spring Poetry contest – add back in the cost of ribbons. Teachers felt that students missed not receiving ribbons
- Proposed new budget is $24,075 (changed from $25,575)
- Sally Sessler, GHS librarian, requested $53,000 for a program called zSpace. A 3D augmented reality computer. She’s requesting a lab of 10 computers, loaded with software. The cost includes delivery and installation, as well as teacher training.
- Sally’s goal is to have these computer labs at all three schools
- Last year GHS had a trial with one computer. There was a lot of positive feedback from teachers. The students who tried it were engaged and excited.
- She applied for a grant, but it was not approved.
- This is a huge expense. Can we justify spending this money? What is the cost to maintain such a program?
- Because we did not receive a formal request, no vote is needed at this time.
- The question was asked if a request can be made for a student. We discussed that the PTA can buy items for inventory for a program, but not for an individual
- The superintendent gave us BIG budget items for requests. The list was appreciated, but not very realistic. What do teachers need for their classrooms that’s attainable?
- We put a cap on carpet requests – 5 carpets/school year. If there is any money left in the budget at the end of the year, than we can buy more carpets.
4. Fundraising Update/Needs
- Need to work on center pieces – 1980s theme. Jodie Gallant is helping to come up with ideas.
- Sarah from the Meredith candy store is doing a candy table again
- Close to selling out at 100 tickets. We can do up to 110, but it was tight last year
- Need more auction items – Can we get a parking spot at GMS or GHS to auction off?
5. Everything is all set for movie night
- Katie Bryant is doing the speakers and set up
- Gilford Youth Center has donated the screen
- 4 bags of popcorn – Gilford Cinema 8 will donate
- Sharyn is going to get the water; Nin is going to get gloves to use to scoop the popcorn; Need popcorn bags, does Jill have some? Do we need more?
6. Spanish After School Enrichment
- Will discuss this at the October meeting
7. New Business
- Kathi Sullivan is coming May 10 @ 9:30 am @ GHS. Is this for all high school students?